The National Telecommunications Regulatory Agency (ANRT) is empowered by law 24-96 in settling interconnection disputes in telecommunications networks.
ANRT shall adjudicate the interconnection disputes under articles 8 of the law 24-96 and 5 of the decree n° 2-97-1025 on interconnection disputes in telecommunications networks.
The referral procedure of the ANRT is defined by decree n° 2-05-772 relating to the proceedings of ANRT regarding disputes, anticompetitive practices and economic concentrations.
Procedure for dispute resolution
- Receipt of the referral request by the General Directorate;
- Study of the admissibility of the referral request.
- A four months period;
- Contradictory process between parties, expertise.
- Preparation of a conciliation procedure to reach an agreement between parties;
- If the agreement is reached, ANRT makes a conciliation decision that concretizes the dispute’s mutual agreement settlement.
Decision of the Management Committee
- If conciliation fails, the instruction report is forwarded to the President of the Management Committee to take binding and justified decision;
- Publication of the decision and monitoring its implementation.